Translate

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Bangladesh : A land of Fear & Unrest --(1)

I might have never written this book. It wouldn’t have occurred to me to write this book, had I not been trapped in this situation now, which is stifling, breathe less and shrouded in darkness. I am living in my own country as if I am under punishment. May be I would have written something else, like a novel, love poem, article or maybe nothing at all, the writting of this book didn’t even cross my mind.

We never really was good. The dream of living in a free, independent, honest,fully democratic country where individual rights are respected, has never been fulfilled. We have been living through difficult situations year after year and have now reached the worst stage. We live in a climate of fear. There is no peaceful living here, no creative work can be done in this unhealthy environment. 

The state has not properly managed our food, clothing, housing, education and healthcare nor even they ensured our safety. Instead, the state has become violent, causing 24 hours terror for us. The state has left us physically, broken, emotionally shattered and mentally destroyed.

To live in such a miserable condition is more agonising than death. Politics has become marked by retaliation and suffering. I see everyday that whoever is desired is being taken into custody. Since the birth of our nation, we have never been truly experienced freedom & rights. In a small country, we have become small people under the control of small-minded individuals. How will we ever see something as vast as freedom and rights. Everyday I see even the orders of high court being ignored. Here free thinking, progressiveness, rationality and freedom of speech are being destroyed and fear is being instilled that others may not have the courage to think freely. 

Bangladesh is being a Penal colony. The government has opened up the "Prison Industry" after shutting down the other industries. A self-run factory of oppression has emerged in the country. The demon of revenge has spread throughout the country. It is even more alarming that the young are being manipulated and they are no longer interested in Free thinking as their minds are being distorted. How can I meditate sitting under the shade of a tree in this bad situation? 

I haven’t been able to do anything for quite a few days, can't write anything, can't read, don't feel good to talk to anyone and not feeling happy seeing anyone’s face. Sometimes I feel like I am a Jew in Nazi Germany. We are constantly live in fear. Now Fear is our master.

Did we want this Bangladesh?  Did we want to live in this way amidst fear?

I have spoken to to many people and they are also feeling hopeless like me. They aren't feeling motivated, sinking in deep despair and unable to breathe. Our political leaders, businessman, officials are mostly corrupt, immoral, selfish and incompetent.  

To be Continued...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment